Loose Trash Collection
Once a year, the City offers free pickup of large items from your home.
The Loose Trash Collection Program is intended for current City of Peoria residents who receive solid waste services.To setup refuse collection services with the City of Peoria, please call 623-773-7160.
The 2012 Loose Trash Collection Program begins January 10, 2012 and ends June 28, 2012. View the map below to obtain the collection dates for your zone.
Find your pickup date. View the Interactive Loose Trash Collection map.
View 2012 Loose Trash Collection Program Map
Stoves, washers, refrigerators, water heaters, microwaves, dryers, televisions (Please remove refrigerator doors)
Sofas, chairs, tables, bookcases, desks, patio furniture, exercise equipment, mattresses
Tree limbs must be no more than 3 feet in length, cacti (boxed), branches, grass/leaves in bags
Fences, building materials
Motor oil, paint, paint thinner, cleaners, gasoline, batteries, liquids
Rocks, bricks, pavers, dirt, block, concrete, tile.
Tires, auto body parts
Roofing material, glass doors,windows, animal waste
Guidelines for Loose Trash Program
Help us stay on schedule by following these guidelines:
- Place items curbside on the day before your scheduled zone. Please do not block sidewalk.
- Items on PRIVATE PROPERTY will not be picked up. Residents who live off a major street (example - 83rd Avenue or roads with more than one lane of travel in each direction) should place items on edge of property line.
- Remove appliance doors as a safety precaution.
- Place cacti in sturdy boxes.
- Place bag and tie all leaves and grass.
- Cut tree limbs into sections that are no more than 4 feet in length and stack parallel to curb.
- Do not exceed 10 cubic yards in size (ex: a mid-sized car). If you have additional items, please contact Solid Waste at 623-773-7431 to obtain a quote and schedule a special haul service to remove any remaining items.
- To avoid damage to personal property, leave a clearance of 3 feet all the way around your neatly stacked items.
- Items placed near or behind parked cars, fences, utility boxes, water meters, or mailboxes will not be serviced if there is a risk for damage.
If you have questions or need assistance with your schedule, please feel free to contact the Solid Waste Division at 623-773-7160. Para solicitar este folleto en español por favor de llamar al Departamento de Sanidad al 623-773-7160.
The Solid Waste Division would like to thank you for your assistance and participation during the Loose Trash Cleanup Program. As a reminder, your refuse collection will change during the holidays observed by the City of Peoria. Keep informed of these changes by checking the Holiday Collection Schedule on this website, referring to your Solid Waste Collection and Information Brochure or contacting the Solid Waste Division.
For Hazardous Waste Disposal, click here for a list of the upcoming dates of the Household Hazardous Waste drop off events. You must have City of Peoria Residential Refuse Services to participate in this program.
For more information, contact us during our business hours, 7 am - 6 pm - Monday through Thursday, at 623-773-7160 or email us at CustomerService@PeoriaAz.gov.
2012 Loose Trash Program