Community Services Department Part-Time/Seasonal Openings
Below you will find information about various part time positions within the Community Services Department. Not all of these positions are available at this time. For a list of available positions and to fill out an application, please click here.
Recreation Leader I
The position of Leader I is an entry level position and is used in a variety of recreation programs including AM/PM, Summer Recreation, and Teen Programs. This position provides care, supervision and activities for preschoolers and youth. Applicants must be able to organize and lead recreation activities and trips. Previous child care experience preferred. For more information job opportunities, please call our JOB HOTLINE at (623) 773-7145.
Recreation Leader III – Sports Programs
Site supervisors and officials are needed for the following youth sports programs: coach pitch baseball, t-ball, kickball, soccer, volleyball, flag football, basketball and fast pitch softball. Applicants should have a basic knowledge of rules of play and safety awareness. Minimum age is 16 years and applicants must possess a valid driver’s license. Facility supervision and officiating experience preferred. Please complete a part-time employment application and return to:
City of Peoria Sports Department
8401 W. Monroe St.
Peoria, AZ 85345
Lifelong Learning Class Instructors
Do you have a unique skill, personal interest, or hobby to teach?
Class proposals are accepted on an on-going basis for evening, weekend, and weekday class instruction. Classes are geared for youth, teens, and/or adults. You may be considered to teach a new class proposed & created by you, or to teach an advertised class for which you have specific related experience/competence. Applicants are contacted as needed for an interview. Class proposals will be added to a database for consideration.
- Call Peoria Community Services Dept. to request a Class Proposal Form (623-773-8623) OR Click the link below to obtain the form as a PDF for Text document.
- Complete and return the Class Proposal Form along with a resume that specifically relates to your experience instructing the course in which you propose to teach.
- Interviews are scheduled for the most qualified applicants for positions currently available.
- Provide a minimum of six references who can provide confirmation of your skills, knowledge, and competency for the position for which you are applying.
- All positions are part-time and seasonal, ranging between 1-5 hours per week.
- Pay ranges between $15.00-22.00/hour, DOE.
- Fax or mail your Class Proposal Form to:
Peoria Community Services Dept.
Attn: Lifelong Learning Class Program
Rio Vista Recreation Center, 8866 W. Thunderbird Road, Peoria,AZ 85381
Download the Class Proposal Form (PDF version)
Rio Vista Job Opportunities
The Rio Vista Recreation Center will be hiring the following positions in the coming weeks:
No Positions Available at this Time.
Jackie Stanley, Rio Vista Complex Supervisor
City of Peoria - Community Services
9875 N. 85th Ave., Peoria, AZ 85345
To apply for any positions with the Community Services Department, call (623) 773-7137.
(for ramada and field reservations, please call 623-773-7137)