Mesquite District Update for January 14, 2013
Once a year, the City of Peoria Solid Waste Department offers the free removal of items from your home. The program begins in January and will run through the end of June.
To view an interactive collection schedule map, please CLICK HERE.
To view the collection dates for your neighborhood, please CLICK HERE.
Help us stay on schedule by following these guidelines:
- Place items curbside on the day before your scheduled zone. Please do not block the sidewalk.
- Items on PRIVATE PROPERTY will not be picked up. Residents who live off a major street (example - 83rd Avenue or roads with more than one lane of travel in each direction) should place items on the edge of the property line.
- Remove or secure appliance doors as a safety precaution.
- Place cacti in sturdy boxes.
- Bag and tie all leaves and grass.
- Cut tree limbs into 3-4 foot sections and stack parallel to curb.
- Do not exceed 10 cubic yards in size (ex: a mid-sized car).If you have additional items, please contact Solid Waste at 623-773-7431 to obtain a quote and schedule a special haul service to remove any remaining items.
- To avoid damage to personal property, leave a clearance of 3 feet all the way around your neatly stacked items.
- Items placed near or behind parked cars, fences, utility boxes, water meters, or mailboxes will not be serviced if there is a risk for damage.
Please remember that this pick up is intended to help with the removal of larger debris, such as appliances, furniture, yard waste, and wood. Unacceptable items include auto parts, inert materials (rocks, bricks, dirt, etc.), medical waste, hazardous materials (oil, paint, gas, batteries, cleaners, etc.), and even items such as animal waste, glass doors, and roofing material.
If you have questions about acceptable items or need assistance with your schedule, please contact the Solid Waste Division at 623-773-7160.