Emergency Home Repair Program
The City's Emergency Home Repair Program provides emergency home repairs to low/moderate income homeowners. Repairs up to a lifetime maximum of $20,000 (Manufactured homes are limited to a maximum of $5,000) are provided at no cost to assist eligible residents to maintain safe and functional owner-occupied housing.
Any health and safety items that could affect the well-being of the occupant(s) including but not limited to:
- Plumbing repairs (broken toilets, sinks, and leaks)
- Replacement or repairs to faucets and fixtures
- Electrical/mechanical repairs (switches, outlets, lights, thermostats, fluorescent fixtures)
- Repairs to stairs, handrails, and porches
- Water heater repair or replacement
- Air conditioner or evaporative cooler repair or replacement
- Repair to flooring/ceiling due to water damage
- Roof patching or repair
- Installation of locks and deadbolts
- Repairs to main water lines
- No routine maintenance
- No cosmetic repairs
- No landscaping, tree trimming or fence repairs (unless a safety hazard exists)
- No remodel work
- No painting
The value of repairs cannot exceed 75% of the property value. This will be determined by the most recent Full Cash Value provided by the Maricopa County Assessor's office. The City will attach a lien on any property where repairs exceed $5,000. The lien will carry an affordability period of five or ten years depending on the amount of assistance provided. During that period, if the home is sold, rented, title is transferred, or the homeowner(s) vacates or defaults on the property, the entire grant amount must be repaid to the City. Once the affordability period has been fulfilled, the grant is considered free and clear to the homeowner and the property lien will be released.
Click here to download an Emergency Home Repair Program brochure
Click here to download an Emergency Home Repair application
Click here to view the City of Peoria's Rehabiliation Standards
For more information please call our Neighborhood Improvement Specialist at (623) 773-7667 or email by clicking here.