Park Rules and Regulations
Information on Reserving Park Facilites
Below we have listed the basic rules for reservations at our parks. For a complete listing of park rules, please consult the full park usage ordinance. The City Park hours are from 6:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. unless permission is given by the Community Services Director.
- Dogs are not permitted in City parks, unless physically restrained by a leash.
- It is unlawful for any person to sell or attempt to sell any commodity without first securing a permit from the Management Services Department. A permit may be renewed for successive periods of three (3) months.
- No person shall drive or ride in any automobile, truck, motor scooter, motor-driven vehicle, horse or other animal in a City park.
- No person shall willfully mark, deface, disfigure, injure, displace or remove, any building, table, benches, fireplaces, paving, public utilities, or parts thereof, or other structures or equipment, facilities or property.
- No person shall bring in or dump, deposit or leave any trash, ashes, rubbish, waste, garbage, or refuse. All such waste shall be placed in proper receptacles. If receptacles are not provided, the waste shall be carried away by the persons responsible for its presence.
- No person shall do any of the following without the written consent of the Community Services Director:
a. Operate a boat, raft and model watercraft or aircraft.
b. Launch a rocket.
c. Engage in archery.
d. Drive golf balls.
- No person shall have a glass beverage container in his possession. No person shall throw, toss or otherwise propel either willfully, maliciously or carelessly and negligently break any glass object.
- No person shall post, paint, affix, distribute, deliver, place, cast or leave about, any bill, billboard, placard, ticket, handbill, circular or advertisement in a City Park. The use of public parks for private profit-making business or individual is prohibited, with the exception of City co-sponsored events.
- The permit holder shall be at least 18 years of age or older and a facility permit must be on the site when the ramada is being used.
- Permits applications should be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- The City may require additional time to evaluate a permit application if security, park damage or park usage issues are involved upon the exclusive judgement of the Community Services Director. If the City upon the sole and exclusive judgment of the Community Services Director determines that there is a substantial risk of damage to the park or City property, the City may require a cash bond posted equal to 110% of the estimated amount of cost of the damage to the park or City property that may result.
- Usage permits are not transferable and the permit is valid for the date and restricted to area, assignment, and number in the group as indicated.
- No live bands/mariachi's will be permitted at any park. D.J.s will be permitted at Rio Vista Park only and must reserve all six group ramadas. The D.J. may only play from the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The volume of ALL amplified sound (including radios) must be kept low enough not to exceed 50ft and must be kept low enough not to disturb other patrons of the park. All music must conclude by 9 p.m.
- Recreation staff is responsible for turning sports field lights on and off and setting out bases.
- Ramadas are available for reservation and use between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The total reserved time includes any time needed by the permit holder for set up and clean up. Ramada’s will be rented in four-hour blocks of time which are 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. only. (See Park Fee Schedule)
- Reservations must be canceled 7 days in advance of the reserved date in order to receive a refund. If reservation is rained out, the day may be rescheduled. Requests must be the next business day after the rainout.
- Maximum capacity for a single ramada is 25 people and for a double Ramada is 50 people.
- The permit holder will leave the ramada in a clean and neat condition. Ramadas may be decorated (using tape only, no nails or staples), but decorations and tape must be removed by the user. If it is necessary for the City to provide cleaning services following the reserved activity, the permit holder will be charged an hourly fee.
- Use and location of special equipment (moon bounces, etc.) must receive prior approval and the permit must so state. Insurance will be required for those reservations which incorporate entertainment or amusement games. The minimum policy shall be for $1,000,000, naming the City of Peoria as an additional insured. Entertainment aisles and sidewalks may not be blocked.
- Beer permits are required in any City Park where consumed and the permit is restricted to canned beer only and my be consumed in designated areas only. No other type of alcohol is permitted in the park.
- No person shall knowingly disturb or interfere with another park user/group and their activities that possess an authorized permit issued by Peoria Community Services Department.
- No deep fryers are allowed in the parks. Charcoal fires are allowed only in the park provided grills, unless posted for no burning. Charcoal grills are normally located throughout the park for the public to use on a first-come, first-served basis. Gas barbecue grills are permitted in the park in designated areas only.
- Tents, pop up cabanas or any other temporary structures are not allowed in any City Park.
- During severe inclement weather, permit holders and party must cease activities and seek shelter.
- Requests from City staff must be strictly adhered to in the interest of public safety, health, safety and welfare.
- All City ordinances posted park regulations and these policies shall be complied with. Failure to comply with posted park regulations may result in the denial of the right to use City facilities in the future. Permits are revocable at any time for violation of rule, ordinance or state law.
- Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in the denial of future use and/or fines.
PROBLEMS - CALL 623-764-0407 (park ranger cell) OR PEORIA POLICE 623-773-8311