Household & Hazardous Waste
The city of Peoria sponsors various collection days throughout the year. Our goal is to divert all residential household and hazardous waste from area landfills and recycle or dispose of it properly. For additional information, please call the Solid Waste Division at 623-773-7160.
We are excited to announce a new recycling option for Peoria Residents: You can now recycle all types of clothing, shoes, household textiles (bed sheets/pillow cases, blankets, curtains, fabric remnants, table cloths, towels) plus hats, hand bags, belts and soft /stuffed toys at the Household & Hazardous Waste events.
All items must be clean, dry and free of mold and contaminants.
Keep paired shoes together by binding or tying the shoes laces.
Household & Hazardous Waste Schedule (Residential materials only!)
|Saturday, November 2, 2013 Saturday, January 25, 2014 Saturday, April 26, 2014||8:00 am to Noon 8:00 am to Noon 8:00 am to Noon||Lake Pleasant Town CenterLocated at intersection of W. Happy Valley Prkwy & N. Lake Pleasant PrkwyPlease enter off Yearling Road. Click HERE for a map. City of Peoria Municipal Operations Complex. Located at 8850 N. 79th Avenue, Peoria AZ, 85345. Please enter off of 79th Avenue just south of Olive Avenue. Click HERE for a map. City of Peoria Municipal Operations ComplexLocated at 8850 N. 79th Avenue, Peoria AZ, 85345.Please enter off of 79th Avenue just south of Olive Avenue.Click HERE for a map.|
Paint - Limit 5 gallons per household
E - waste**
Motor Oil - Limit 5 gallons per household
Antifreeze - Limit 5 gallons per household
Tires - 4 per household - remove rims
*Please contact the Environmental Resources Division with questions about materials not listed here.
**For more information on Peoria's electronic waste recycling program click HERE.
Medical Waste / Prescription drugs
Commercial Waste or large quantities
When bringing HHW items, remember these tips
- Please bring with you a current water bill or drivers license as proof of residency.
- If possible, seal items in their original containers or clearly label all items not in their original containers.
- Place items in a cardboard box that we can recycle for you. Wrap glass bottles in cloth or newspaper so that they do not break while transporting.
- Do not bring your items in plastic or cardboard boxes that you wish to keep, this increases the amount of time our staff spends unloading your vehicle and increases the wait for others.
- Follow directions once you reach the event site, drive carefully.
- When you arrive at the event staff will unload the HHW materials from your vehicle.
- Please turn off your vehicle and stay inside your vehicle at all times.
Click here for additional recycling and disposal resources.
For more information, contact us during our business hours, 7 am - 6 pm - Monday through Thursday, at 623-773-7160 or e-mail us at Recycling@peoriaaz.gov.