Block Party/Street Closure Procedure
Mail or deliver a letter to the Police Department, with the following:
(3-week minimum notice required)
- Name, address and phone number of the responsible party
- The date of the party
- Hours of the party
- Number of people expected
- Exact times of the street closure
- Obtain signatures from ALL the residents on the street, intersection to intersection.
- Residents must be notified of any street closure, regardless of whether or not they plan on attending the block party. By signing the sheet, they are indicating they were notified of the date and times of the closure.
Click Here to Download the Block Party Signature Sheet
After the street closure request is processed, a permit letter will be mailed to the responsible party. After obtaining the permit letter, barricades can be obtained by calling the Peoria Streets Department at (623) 773-7432, Monday through Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 48 hours in advance. For weekend events, call no later than the Wednesday before the event.
If you have any further questions regarding your street closure, please contact the Community Relations Section call (623) 773-7099. You may also fax the letter and signatures to the Community Relations Section at (623)773-5057.
8351 W. Cinnabar Ave. Peoria AZ 85345
Phone: 623 773-7099
Fax # 623-773-7168