Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate Program – up to $250
Water Conservation Rebate Program - CLOSED
The Water Conservation Rebate Program is now closed. The Program will resume in July, 2014 pending City Council approval.
Purpose: To encourage a permanent reduction in the amount of water used for landscape irrigation through effective landscape water management with smart irrigation controllers.
Description: A smart irrigation controller controls your irrigation system by automatically turning the control valves on and off at pre-selected times and in response to environmental conditions such as rain, heat and evapotranspiration. A smart irrigation controller that is properly installed and programmed will maintain plant health and reduce water consumption.
Requirements: An account holder will be eligible to receive a rebate if he/she meets the following qualifications:
- A City of Peoria water customer (not sewer or trash only). Must have an account directly billed by the City of Peoria.
- Smart irrigation controller purchased on or after July 1, 2013.
- A copy of the purchase receipt is submitted with the application. The receipt must include the purchase price of the smart irrigation controller excluding tax or additional installation costs.
- Required features of smart irrigation controller:
- Rain shut-off, wind, moisture or weather sensor capability that automatically adjusts irrigation run times in response to environmental changes such as temperature, wind, rain and evapotranspiration. If you have questions about whether or not a specific irrigation controller qualifies as "smart" under this rebate program please contact the Environmental Resources Division using the email link and phone number below.
For a list of Irrigation Association tested smart irrigation controllers click HERE.
- Each smart irrigation controller is only eligible for a one time rebate.
- Must have an on-site inspection by City of Peoria employee before rebate is issued.
- The rebate amount may not exceed the amount paid for smart irrigation controller before tax. If purchased for under $250, the purchase price before tax will be the rebate amount. Labor costs to install controller will not be included in rebate.
Procedure: To request an application, complete the online REBATE APPLICATION REQUEST FORM or call (623) 773-7286. Once your name, address, phone number, and account number have been verified, an official application will be sent via email or through standard mail.
After installing the smart irrigation controller, complete the application and submit it to the City of Peoria Public Works-Utilities Department. The Environmental Resources Division staff will review your application and purchase receipt. A City of Peoria employee will schedule an inspection and visit your property to view the smart irrigation controller. They will also provide education on irrigation system maintenance, the smart irrigation controller, and proper water scheduling.
After approval of your application, up to $250 will be credited to your City of Peoria utility account within 1-2 billing cycles. The rebate amount may not exceed the amount paid for controller before tax. If you purchased the controller for less than $250, the purchase price before tax will be the rebate amount. Costs for installation of the irrigation controller are not included in this program. You will be notified by a member of our Environmental Resources Division staff when your utility account has been credited.
Environmental Resources Division